Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Essie

I'm sorry this post is coming so late in the day. One of the dance teachers was away so I had to stay an extra two hours at the studio to teach little kids. Then I had to come home and edit my dance resume (and watch the Dancing With The Stars results show!).  

Once again, I've got more previous manis to show you, all with Essie polishes today! I love my nails the length they are in the pictures, but I've had to cut them down to little nubs again due to a few breaks. Hopefully they'll grow back quickly. 

First is Essie 'Mesmerised'. Can I start off by saying how much I love this colour?  It's a blue cream that's somewhere between a royal blue and a navy.  This one looked kind of dull when I had it on at home, like in the second picture (stupid rainy weather) but when I caught a rare sunny moment outside, or under the fluorescent lights in the dance studios, I couldn't stop staring at my nails!  
Because I was taking the pictures when it was dreary outside, I edited the first photo below to be more colour-accurate.  Please ignore the oompa-loompa fingers.  Applies like a dream, perfect in 2 coats.  Below is with one coat of Seche Vite and freehand polka dots on my accent nail in Essie 'Matte About You'. 





Now this next one was a mani that I got part way through, and decided to leave half-finished.  My original plan was to have the red and neutral stripes on all the nails, but since I don't own any striping tape, cutting the strips was becoming very tedious.  I actually like it at this stage, and was happy I stopped with just the accent nails.  
This is two perfect coats of my favourite nude polish (which doesn't photograph well for me) Essie 'Topless and Barefoot'. The stripes are Essie 'Limited Addiction'.  One coat of Seche Vite. 



Last one for today is Essie 'Shine of the Times' at it's best.  The flakies flash orange, red, gold, and green.  This is one coat of 'Shine Of The Times' over two coats of OPI 'Black Cherry Chutney'.  Since I LOVE matte flakies, I added one coat of Essie 'Matte About You'. 


 On a side note, a great blog called Konadlicious is having a HUGE giveaway for reaching 3,000 followers. There are $500 in prizes, so make sure to enter! :)


This is primarily a nail blog, but since dance is such a huge part of my life and something I hope to soon do professionally, I might post dance-y pictures here from time to time.  I hope you don't mind!  So for today, I leave you with a picture of my dancing self. :)


7 comments:

  1. I love the matte dots you did in the first one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shine over Black Cherry Chutney looks magical. It's almost got a snakeskin-like effect from where I'm sitting. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, SOTT has looked amazing over everything I've tried so far. And I'm a sucker for matted flakie polishes :)

      Delete
  3. I love your accent nail in the blue mani picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi. I came across your blog and couldn't help but long in and leave a comment. I too was once an aspiring ballet dancer and am addicted to nail polishes! :) Though I've quit along the way, I hope you become an amazing ballet dancer! Don't stop trying and keep at it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...