Thursday, November 08, 2012

Grey Ombré

I'm sitting here trying to come up with some clever name for this like my Grey-dient.  Grey-bré?  Om-grey? Yea, not really working for me.


This was my first time trying ombré nails, and I really like it!  I've been sick for two days now (though I still have to go to dance - can't miss any rehearsals with the show coming up next Saturday!) and even though it was late last night, I had already been wearing my last manicure for three days and it was getting pretty chipped.  I wanted something fast and easy that was still more interesting than a plain mani, so I finally decided to try this. 


From thumb to pinky I used Sally Hansen Black Out, Orly Shockwave, Grey franken (2 parts Zoya Dove, 1 part Orly Shockwave), Zoya Dove, and OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls


I like the look of the colours transitioning from one to the next across the fingers!  I was a little nervous about having to mix a colour for the middle finger, but I think it came out just right.  I actually ended up liking the colour so much that I might make myself a mini bottle of it! 


I also went a little crazy with the nail file last night, they feel like such nubs after how long they've been the past few weeks!  Oops! 

I'm working on collecting some stuff for a giveaway soon, because lots of exciting events have all seemed to converge!  I just passed 300 blog followers, I'm getting close to 5000 Instagram followers (@emmaclarem), my next post will be number 100, and it's my 17th birthday next Friday, November 16th!  :)



15 comments:

  1. These are BEAUTIFUL! I love grey polish so much. And I love all of your little names for it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous ombre!!! I love the shades you used, they go perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea! I wish I had enough colours to try this...

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look beautiful Emma. I'm on the look out for the perfect pale creme grey at the moment and your zoya dove looks like it ticks all boxes :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are gorgeous! they look so effective and fade together so well :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...